Title: Marketing & Group Sales Intern
Reports To: Marketing Manager & Group Sales Coordinator
Buildings: James Brown Arena and Bell Auditorium
Number of Positions: 1
Hours: 10-30 hours per week
• Must be current, enrolled Undergraduate, or Graduate Student studying in a related major such as Marketing, Business, Sports and Entertainment Management, etc
• 3.0 GPA or higher preferred
• Internship is paid however travel/housing arrangements are the responsibility of the student
•Event nights and weekends may be required
• Learn from Group Sales Manager how to promote Group Sales events such as group theme nights, family shows, Broadway series shows and other events to group customers.
• Learn how to conduct Group Sales calls for promoting events on sale and for generating new business leads
• Learn to conduct research for specific target markets, create promotional materials and how to develop and implement event promotions
• Learn to handle customer seat selection and processing orders
• Become familiar with the shows/events
• Learn to execute day of event programs: birthday parties, pre-event promotions and meet & greets
• Learn how to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets
• Learn to conduct tours of the facility while conveying knowledge of the facility, amenities and upcoming events
• Assist Group Sales Manger with prospecting lead calls, setting up new client meetings, and attend networking events.
• Assist and oversee with Group Sales Department grassroots efforts
• Perform other projects as assigned
• Help Marketing Correspond with community partners such as third party promotions, community groups promotions, media promotions, trade, etc.
• Meet with local third parties to help solidify event partnerships
• Conduct research each week regarding events we can attend to promote upcoming events
• Help Oversee and serve as the Venue’s Social Media Coordinator- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc..
• Oversee grassroots efforts for events – i.e. contacting promoters for artwork, negotiating print rates or print trades with printers, getting materials printed (posters, flyers, register to win boxes), and getting materials out into the CSRA.
• Oversee other activities before, during, or after events. This will also include meeting with Group Sales Manager/Food & Beverage dept., coming up with ideas, meeting with local groups and Full Time staff to brainstorm new ideas to increase revenue
• Oversee maintenance of database information, including number of members, cleaning the list, working to analyze lists, separating lists coming up with new and creative ideas to always add to the database, and helping in the overall efforts to help sell tickets online.
• Coordinate and represent the Augusta Entertainment Complex and promote events via booths/tables at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize arena and events. This will require creativity in presenting the events at the booth, as well as organization in researching events, calling to reserve space, and staffing each event.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
A winning, do-what-it-takes attitude and a desire to learn
Able to work in a fast paced environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Melanie_Quick@comcastspectacor.com
Spectra Venue Management is an equal opportunity employer.